We're back for our 12th season. Keep up to date with all the discoveries, brought to you by our daily bloggers.
OMG. Maddy reports on Day 2 in the trench...

Yay! Day 2! Was it as sunny as it was yesterday? No. Did I still get sunburnt? You can bet your bottom dollar I did.

Today was again mainly focused on getting rid of the rest of the backfill from last year which wasn’t bad however I have the same strength as a wet noodle I can definitely say getting rid of backfilling and using a wheel barrow is not my forte.

Jenny showed off her bodybuilder arms whilst Chiara expressed her undying love for the mighty ostrich and Sam continued to be my break time pillow, for which I was grateful. Cameron continued his habit of wearing questionable clothing, however he didn’t eat an entire block of cheese like yesterday so I suppose things are on the up for our resident dictator.

Simon taught us about the magic that is context sheets and how to fill them in, however the tent we were sitting near was attempting to come to life and kill us all so his words kept getting lost. However I must say Simon is a very relaxing public speaker and it felt much more like story time than an actual lecture which I believe made things sink in a lot better, it’s not as scary to fill in the sheet as I thought. The lovely Caroline also dropped in to say hello in the afternoon and let me tell you she’s a darn sight better than Barry imitating your accent (oh my god! ) every time you ask a question.

Overall though we had an excellent day of finding that random guy’s hoard of roman coins, pirate treasure, dinosaur bones, and Tutankhamun’s tomb! Can’t wait for tomorrow guys when we go dig straight through the middle of that round barrow! Remember nothing else matters but the treasure!
Maddy

Comments