2014 Season Begins in May!
Our field season begins the first week in May (on Tuesday the 6th) and will run Monday - Friday for 4 weeks (not including bank holidays). We are aiming for an Open Day in the final week (week of May 26th) so keep your eyes open.
Fingers crossed we'll have decent weather, great archaeology and a good team. Many of the usual characters are back, but with a whole new crop of student diggers who will be regularly blogging about their experiences and what's happening on site.
Things we are looking into this year:
- Trying to figure out the tricky remains of our late medieval to early post-medieval timber structure.
- Revealing the plan of the medieval masonry building to see if we can figure out its purpose
- Investigate further some ditches on site to see if they are related to this medieval building
- Look further into the potential for Roman period remains on either side of our Roman road
- Collect artefactual and environmental evidence to inform us about the groups using and living in this area