We're back for our 12th season. Keep up to date with all the discoveries, brought to you by our daily bloggers.

A possible cellar structure!

Sam finds herself in a hole:

Today as the weather really heated up, I found myself down a hole feeling a little bit like a cross between Charlie Dimmock with my shorts and trowel and a meercat as I kept bobbing my head out of the top of the hole to see if there was anyone at the fence waiting to speak to us. With the heat came the crowds, and the number of people coming up to the site to ask questions dramatically increased compared to those who braved the rain.

Today I was mainly digging out building materials and layers of sand while investigating a possible cellar.  Although the beach-like feel of sitting in the sun digging a hole in the sand was very enjoyable, there was not much in terms of finds from my half of the hole. I found some pieces of unidentifiable bone and what was possibly a sherd from a plate or jug, which had an interesting blue/green glaze on both sides.
Sam/Charlie excavated the potential cellar structure.

Comments